As such, his empanelment as a consultant to UNCTAD and UNESCAPon Cyberlaw and Cyber crime respectively, membership of the AFACTLegal Working Group of the UN / CEFAT, consulting as an expert with theCouncil of Europe on Cyber crime, inclusion in the Board of Experts of European Commission’s Dr. E-Commerce and his work as an expert authority on a Cyberlaw primer for e-ASEAN Task Force and as a reviewer for Asian Development Bank speaks volumes of his worldwide acceptance as an authority. Pavan is the President of Cyberlaw Asia, Asia’s pioneering organization committed to the passing of dynamic Cyber laws in the Asian continent. Pavan is also a member of the WIPOArbitration and Mediation Center Panel of Neutrals.
Pavan has been the Member of the Public Interest Registry’s. OrgAdvisory Council. He is a member of ICT Policy and Governance Working Group of the UNICT Taskforce. He is the Legal and Policy Consultant to Internet Mark 2 Project, which is examining the next level of Internet. He has been invited to be an associated fellow of the Centre for Asia Pacific Technology Law and Policy (CAPTEL) at Singapore. Pavan is a member of Panel of Arbitrators of the Regional Centre for Arbitration, Kuala Lumpur and Asian Domain Names Dispute Resolution Centre at Hong Kong.
He has been associated with the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Government of India on Cyberlaw and Electronic Governance legal issues. He is a member of Advisory Committee on E-Governance in Karnataka constituted by the Government of Karnataka. Pavan is a member of Information Forensic Working Group on e-Information Systems, Security and Audit Association.
Pavan heads his niche law firm Pavan Duggal Associates, which has practice areas, amongst others, in Cyberlaw, Business Process Outsourcing Law, Intellectual Property Rights and Information Technology Law, Information Security Law, Defence, Biotech and Corporate Law.
While he has been a Member of the Nominating Committee, Membership Advisory Committee and Membership Implementation Task Force ofICANN, Pavan is also the President of Cyberlaws.Net, which is Internet’s first ever-unique Cyberlaw consultancy.
In addition to that, he is also the founder of the Cyberlaw Association and is also the Founder-President, Cyberlaw India.
Some outstanding pioneering work in the field of BPO legal issues has resulted in his being a member of the BPO Steering Committee ofASSOCHAM. Today, he advises a number of BPO concerns on different legal issues relating to outsourcing. Pavan was the Chairman of the Cyberlaw Committee of ASSOCHAM and works closely with CII andFICCI.
Pavan is a regular on the lecture circuit. He has spoken at over 900 conferences, seminars and workshops in the last seven years, and has lectured extensively in select law colleges.
Pavan has authored many books in the field of Cyberlaw and E-Commerce. His writings cover various growing areas of concern and trends in the above mentioned fields. He has penned a total of 39 books and e-books which include the following:-
- The Law of Convergence – An Analysis
- Cyberlaw In India – An Analysis
- Cyberlaw- The Indian Perspective
- Law of Business Process Outsourcing
- Regulating Spam published
- Data Protection Law
- Mobile Law – 1st Edition
- Mobile Law – 2nd Edition
- ASSOCHAM Handbook “Co-Production & IPR Regime In India”
- Mobile Privacy & Law – eBook
- Cyber Legal Regime In India – eBook
- Cyber Terrorism In Mobile Ecosystem – A Legal Viewpoint – eBook
- Indian Digital Law – 12 Years Of Experience – eBook
- Mobile Misuse And The Law – eBook
- Telecom Service Providers & Legal Liability – An Indian Overview – eBook
- Cyber Frauds, Cybercrimes & Law In India – eBook
- Mobile Crime & Mobile Law – eBook
- Mobile Apps & Mobile Law- eBook
- Mobile Banking & Mobile Law- eBook
- Mobile Law & Social Media In India- eBook
- Mobile Payments & Mobile Law- eBook
- Authentication In Mobility – A Legal Viewpoint- eBook
- Child Protection In Mobile Paradigm- eBook
- Confidential Information On Mobiles – Some Legal Issues- eBook
- Crimes In Mobile Ecosystem – A Legal Outlook- eBook
- Law Relating To Sensitive Personal Information In India- eBook
- Mobile Law- An International Outlook- eBook
- Mobile Law In India- eBook
- .In Domains And The Law- eBook
- Law Of Contracts & Use Of Mobile Devices – eBook
- Law of Intermediaries in India – eBook
- Intellectual Property Rights In Mobile Ecosystem – A Legal View- eBook
- Legal frameworks on the Electronic Commerce & Intellectual Property Rights in Cyberspace
- Cyber Laws
- Law Relating to iPads, tablets, Smart phones & Smart Devices
- Cyber Crimes and Regulation
- Appification of Society And The Law –eBook
- BYOD And The Law–eBook
- Cloud Computing Legal Issues –eBook
- Textbook on Cyber Law
- Legal Framework on Electronic Commerce & IPR in Cyberspace
- Cyber Law – An exhaustive section wise Commentary on The Information Technology Act along with Rules, Regulations, Policies, Notifications etc.